Alcohol may be available for purchase at the venue; however at some events it may be prohibited to take alcohol inside the Auditorium. In those instances, all alcohol must be consumed on the concourse. Signage will be displayed at bars and above Arena Doors to advise patrons of this. Patrons are not permitted to bring alcohol into or out of the venue.
Cafes at Rod Laver Arena
Arena Cafe is the perfect way to wind down and relax with a tasty meal and drink before the show, The delectable menu includes rustic pasta, gourmet pizza and other bistro favourites. Open for events at Rod Laver Arena only, Arena is to the right of the building when coming up the stairs at the front of Rod Laver Arena. Reservations are not required.
Encore Cafe offers authentic Indian cuisine and is located inside Rod Laver Arena between doors 10 - 11.
Located adjacent to Arena Door 20 are two Citibank ATMs providing cash out for all major Credit and Debit cards.
Baby Change Facilities
Change tables are available in:
- Male Toilets next to Door 9
- Female Toilets next to Door 13
- Female Toilets next to Door 3
Bicycles are not permitted inside arenas however we do encourage this mode of transport. Bike parking is available outside Rod Laver Arena and Hisense Arena, with an additional large station on the RLA forecourt during the Australian Open.
Patrons are required to supply their own lock. MOPT are not responsible for any loss or damage to bicycles secured on site.
The Melbourne Park Box Office is located on the Rod Laver Arena concourse, accessible via the Rod Laver Arena Forecourt stairs. On event days, bookings and ticket collections are facilitated from the Box Office located on the Forecourt of Rod Laver Arena.
Cameras and Photography
The policy for the use of cameras varies at each event. Professional style cameras (those with detachable or zoom lenses) are prohibited at most events. Some events may also prohibit the use of all cameras, or flash photography. Please check the event page on the Rod Laver Arena website for specific information on the camera policy for the event you are attending.
A cloaking facility is available at the Information Desk (located between Arena Doors 1 & 20). A fee of $2 is charged for cloaking. Items not collected at the end of the event are treated as lost property. Some prohibited items (see Conditions of Entry) will not be cloaked.
Ejection from Rod Laver Arena
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from Rod Laver Arena where they;
- Use foul or abusive language, or make racial or threatening remarks or gestures
- Is deemed by Arena management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour
- Enters the Arena or the playing area without proper authorisation
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from Arena employees.
No ticket refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the Arena. It is an offence for a person to re-enter the Arena within 24 hours after being ejected.
Qualified first aid personnel are onsite for every event to provide the general public with medical assistance if required.
There is one First Aid room with public access;
- Concourse Level, next to Arena Door 8
In addition to First Aid rooms, first aid personnel may be positioned around the Arena.
There will be food and beverage outlets and bars open within the internal concourse of Rod Laver Arena selling hot and cold food, snacks, ice creams and drinks. Alcohol may be available for sale however at some events it may not be permitted inside the Auditorium.
General Admission Patrons
All General Admission (GA) Patrons will be required to exchange their ticket for a wristband to access the GA Area on the floor.
Arrive at the front gates and enter the site by scanning your ticket at the turnstiles.
Once you have entered the concourse you should make your way to the Arena Door number printed on your ticket. Here you will be required to exchange your ticket for a wristband.
To access the GA Floor Area, enter the auditorium via arena Doors 5 / 6 and 15 / 16 with your wristband on your wrist and the usher will direct you to the GA Area.
Moshing and Crowd Surfing are not permitted and may result in ejection.
An Information Desk is open at all events and facilitates the following services;
- Provision of general event and venue information
- Binocular Hire
- Ear plug sales
- Cloaking of personal items
- Lost and Found item register
Lifts are provided externally and internally to provide ease of access for patrons with restricted mobility.
Lost & Found Property
Enquiry and drop-off points during an event are at the Information Desk, located between Arena Doors 1 & 20
Merchandise at events is sold from outlets located on the internal concourse.
Public phones are located opposite Arena Doors 3 and 13 on the concourse.
The following items are not permitted to be taken into the Arena:
· Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
· Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
· Firearms and explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
· Laser lights
· Animals (other than Assistance Dogs)
· Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
· Professional cameras (see specific event pages at www.rodlaverarena.com.au for definition)
· Audio recording devices or video cameras
· Camera Tripods
· Chairs/ Stools
· Glass (including bottles) or cans and opened drink containers
· Large flags/banners with handles exceeding 1.0m
· Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
· Musical instruments
· Prams, pushers, and strollers
· Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
· Any other item that in the opinion of MOPT management could cause harm or public nuisance
· These conditions of entry may vary between events.
Rod Laver Arena is a smoke free venue. Patrons are required to exit the venue to smoke; a designated smoking area is available during events.